Personal Lines Sales Agent
Are you passionate about selling home, auto, life and other personal lines products?
Do you enjoy working with a team to meet sales goals and provide excellent customer service?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The Connell team is growing and look for a Personal Lines Sales Agent to join our team. As our dedicated Personal Lines Sales agent, you would have a team of experienced account management staff to assist with the day to day client activities, so that you can spend your time selling. Since Connell is an independent agency, you will have the ability to work with multiple carriers to find the coverages that will best fit your client’s insurance needs.
Why work for the Connell Team?
Connell Insurance has been in the Southwest Missouri area for almost 50 years! We offer a generous array of benefits including PTO, health, dental, life, vision, and disability, and a 401k plan with employer contribution. In addition, we’re not the stuffy office environment of the past as we offer a fast-paced work environment with flexible schedules and every day is jeans day for our administrative staff.
A few of the Personal Lines Sales Agent Responsibilities:
- Grow and develop the Personal Lines department revenue and strategic growth plan.
- Work with carriers to assure the best product and service for the client.
- Collaborate with assigned account management team to provide excellent customer service and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Identify and participate in local events that would increase visibility of the agency.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Be a positive, self-starter that can work independently AND as part of a team
- Have a desire to be involved in networking events and community organizations within the Springfield, Joplin, or Branson areas.
- A strong understanding of the Personal Lines insurance industry, trends and sales process.
- Excellent communication skills for presenting in person, virtually or in writing.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package including a base salary plus commissions/ bonus opportunities.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in entrepreneurship, marketing, risk management, general business, or sales is preferred!
- 2 years of experience in insurance sales with a strong track record of success.
- Management experience a plus!
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Missouri Property and Casualty and Life Licenses are required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment with minimal local to no travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.