Commercial Insurance Sales Agent
Are you a motivated sales professional who has a desire to be a strategic partner for local businesses, tax districts/municipalities and nonprofits to better grow and protect their organizations?
Do you enjoy flexibility and independence while having the encouragement, training and support of a team?
Is it important that your career is financially and personally rewarding?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The Connell team is growing and we are looking for a motivated commercial sales agent to join our team of “Agents of Change”. The commercial sales agent is responsible for developing relationships with local businesses to sell new and maintain current: commercial property, casualty, workers compensation, employee benefit programs, professional liability insurance policies and risk management programs- all with the support from our knowledgeable support staff and account management teams!
Why work for the Connell Team?
Connell Insurance, Inc. has been supporting local business in the Southwest Missouri area for over 50 years and has offices in Branson, Springfield, and Joplin. We have nearly 50 employees which makes us one of the largest insurance agencies in the area!
Compensation and Benefits
We believe in recognizing and rewarding hard work through generous commission and compensation packages for our sales producers. In 2017, our top agents made over $200,000 in commissions and 80% of our agents made $100,000+. Some additional compensation includes:
- Opportunity for 100% employee paid group health and dental
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Generous marketing and professional development budgets
- Continuing education opportunities and mentorship from experienced sales leaders
- Account managers and full support staff to service accounts
- Base salary plus optional commission draw in first year to support new agents with building their book of business
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a positive, self-starter that can work independently AND as part of a team
- Have a desire to be involved in networking events and community organizations within the Springfield, Joplin, or Branson areas.
- The ability to learn new and complex insurance concepts in order to make educated recommendations to clients on their insurance needs.
- Excellent communication skills for presenting to business leaders in person, virtually or in writing
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in entrepreneurship, marketing, risk management, general business, or sales is preferred!
- 2 years of experience in outside or B2B sales a plus!
- Individuals with outside sales or consulting experience in construction services, construction materials or equipment, commercial truck sales or equipment, finance, banking, insurance, human resources, manufacturing products or services, etc. are preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
The selected qualified candidate will be required to successfully pass the Property and Casualty License and Missouri Life/Health/Accident exam prior to the first day of employment.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest or contact Randall Gammill at 417-973-0816 or Heather Lynch at 417-973-0809 to discuss the opportunity further.